Halton Police Officer Reunites Owner With Lost Pig in Burlington
While one might expect to encounter lost dogs and cats from time to time in Burlington, few people expect to stumble upon a domestic pig who has wandered away from home.
Recently, Halton Police took to Twitter to praise Const. Renee Harnack for saving a lost pot-bellied pig (who they called a “friend,” which breaks my heart in a good way) who was found wandering around a Burlington neighbourhood.
According to a Canadian Press article, two officers were called to the area after resident spotted the lost companion. The CP reports that Const. Harnack managed to lasso the pig with a makeshift leash and then carry it—while it protested quite loudly—to its nearby home.
The CP reports that Chanel, the one-year-old pig, has been reunited with its owner.
Cst Harnack saved this lost pot-bellied friend who was found wandering around the neighbourhood ^ao pic.twitter.com/R0V0wGoReH— HRPS Burlington (@HRPSBurl) June 29, 2017
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Milton woman charged in Burlington poppy donation box theft
- Indian police arrest phone scammers targeting Canadians
- Oakville restaurant named a top 'date night' spot in Canada
- Major phone scam affecting Halton; residents warned not to call back