Halton Police Warning Drivers of Tricky Road Conditions
Drivers in Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills are being reminded to keep their eyes on the road this slippery, foggy Tuesday morning.
There’s “no time for distractions,” Halton police tweeted.
“Drive safe and be alert.”
They’re offering up a few tips for handling foggy conditions in Oakville: Slow down, use headlights instead of high-beams, and stay focused.
Meanwhile, certain areas in Burlington are particularly icy.
“Drive slowly until the salters get out,” police tweeted.
There are no weather alerts currently in effect.
Tuesday’s predicted high is 7 C with a low of - 7C.
Schools are open, but buses have been cancelled in two public school zones.
Tuesday Jan 23: All schools open. School buses cancelled for Zone 2 & 3 today. We apologize for the late notice. Parents who keep their children at home when schools are open, MUST report this absence before the school day starts. More at https://t.co/KrqhA81V2D. pic.twitter.com/CmCTy9x4uH— HDSB (@HaltonDSB) January 23, 2018
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Halton This Weekend
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- Halton Paramedics Respond to Multi-Vehicle Collision in Oakville
- Major Road Closed Following Crash in Oakville
- Police Searching for Suspects Following Real Canadian Superstore Incident in Oakville