Halton weather advisory expected to effect afternoon commute
Halton is under a winter weather travel advisory beginning Friday afternoon and carrying into the evening.
The timing of this snowfall may potentially lengthen afternoon commute times significantly.
According to Environment Canada, “A well-organized snow squall originating from Lake Huron will move across the area late this afternoon into this evening”.
“At this point, it seems very likely this band will impact the afternoon/evening commute in the Golden Horseshoe from Oshawa to Hamilton. This band may also impact the 401 corridor from Oshawa to Kingston late this afternoon as well.”
This band will be capable of producing quick accumulations of 2 to 5 cm in an hour along with sudden reductions to visibility in heavy snow.
Travelers are advised to exercise caution and allow extra time to reach their destination.
- Burlington's Walk Off The Earth releases latest viral hit ahead of Canada Day
- Cyclist taken to trauma centre after being struck by police cruiser in Milton
- Suspects arrested after carjacking attempts in Oakville and Milton
- What's open and closed Canada Day in Burlington, Oakville, and Milton
- Traffic stop leads to assault with weapon charge in Oakville