Harvey's, Swiss Chalet offering front-line workers 50 per cent off amid pandemic
While many people have been sent home to prevent the spread of COVID-19, front-line workers don’t have that luxury.
Despite the fact the World Health Organization (WHO) has labelled the coronavirus a pandemic, front-line workers are still showing up to work to ensure society continues to function, and prevent the apocalypse—even if it does seem like it’s impending more and more every day.
In order to reward these hardworking people, and show their gratitude, Harvey’s and Swiss Chalet announced it will be providing a 50 per cent discount to Canadian Government Healthcare workers and First Responders—police, firefighters, and paramedics.
The discount will be available starting on March 20, and last until March 27.
“First responders are working countless hours to help keep Canadians safe and healthy, and we wanted to support them and their families,” David Colebrook, Chief Operating Officer for Harvey’s Canada, said in a news release.
“We thank our front-line health care workers - you are the heroes right now and we are here for you,” added Ron Simard, Chief Operating Officer, Swiss Chalet,” he continued.
Those who are part of the previously listed group that are eligible for the discount will be able to receive it by showing staff their credentials while ordering.
“Our dining room seating is currently closed, but our drive-thrus and takeout are still open, so you can maintain social distance and pick up a bite to eat for yourself and your family after a long day,” Colebrook added.
Cover photo courtesy of Swiss Chalet’s Instagram
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Burlington City Council votes to modify parks and beach operations amid COVID-19
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton
- Little Ceasars thanking front-line workers with free pizza
- Tavares, group of Leafs make donation to front-line workers amid pandemic
- Union calling on Federal Government to provide health care workers with pandemic pay
- Costco Gives Priority Access to Healthcare Workers and First Responders
- Labour group urges Ontario to do more to protect workers amid pandemic