Heat warning expected to last into next week in Halton
The hot weather’s not going anywhere soon.
Environment Canada updated its heat warning statement on Saturday, saying daytime highs of over 30 degrees Celsisus (feeling more like high thirties to low forties) are expected over the next five days.
“Overnight lows near 20 degrees Celsius are also expected through this period, providing little relief from the heat,” says Environment Canada.
Residents are advised to stay cool as much as possible, as extreme heat can pose health risks — particularly for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses, and people working or exercising outdoors.
- $70 Million Lotto Max Jackpot Ticket Sold in Ontario
- Road closures in effect in Oakville after cyclist struck
- What's Open and Closed Civic Holiday Monday in Burlington, Oakville, and Milton
- Popular tea retailer reopening 18 of its stores throughout Canada
- Rollout of COVID-19 Alert app faces criticism over accessibility