Heat Warning Now in Effect for Halton
Another heat warning is officially in effect for the Halton Region.
According to Environment Canada, significant heat and humidity will arrive today (July 19).
“Daytime temperatures in the low to mid-thirties with humidex values of 40 or higher are expected today and again on Saturday,” Environment Canada says. “Little relief is expected tonight and Saturday night as temperatures will only fall to the low to mid-twenties with humidex values remaining near 30.”
Although, there is expected to be some relief on Sunday (July 21).
“A cooler and less humid air mass is forecast to arrive in the wake of a weak cold front Sunday,” Environment Canada says.
However, Environment Canada is still reminding people that heat affects everyone, some more than others.
According to Environment Canada, the risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses, and those who are working or exercising outside.
This heat warning is also in effect for Caledon, Mississauga, and Brampton.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire causing highway delays in Oakville
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- Here's why Halton residents should vote strategically this election