Here's How Long a Major Road Closure Will Last in Oakville
A large sinkhole has cause some chaos in Oakville.
Halton police recently reminded residents that a significant sinkhole has prompted the closure of Cross Ave. between Cornmall Rd. and Lyon’s Lane.
The closure is anticipated to last for about three weeks until inspections and repairs can be completed.
A lot of you are asking about a photo of the sinkhole on Cross Avenue - so here is a shot from Sunday. It may look small, but it is a lot larger below the surface of the asphalt.— Town of Oakville (@townofoakville) July 31, 2018
Road closure info: https://t.co/euFbI0YF5x pic.twitter.com/AjsZ2sPBPe
The detour route will be along Speers Road, Cornwall Road and Cross Avenue.
Police are advising motorists to avoid the area.
Mobile signs are currently in place in the area to alert residents of the closure and standard road closure and detour signage is in place.
For more information, please contact accesshalton [at] halton [dot] ca (Access Halton) at 905-825-6000 or 311.
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- GO Transit Anticipates Packed Trains this Evening Following Raptors Parade
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Driver Ticketed for Watching Raptors Parade While Driving in Oakville
- Police Chase Oakville Man Who Allegedly Shot Vehicles with Pellet Gun