Here's How Many Truck Drivers Got Charged in Milton
Halton police conducted two commercial motor vehicle enforcement projects on June 13 and 14.
Officers were joined by commercial vehicle safety alliance-trained inspectors from the Ministry of Transportation, OPP and Peel Police.
The enforcement efforts were supported by officers from across Halton’s three policing districts.
The goal was to conduct as many random vehicle inspections as possible targeting all types of commercial motor vehicles that were operating within both towns, say police.
In Georgetown (June 13) a total of 33 inspections were conducted. Out of these 33 a total of 9 vehicles were ordered out of service due to major defects and 26 charges were laid for vehicles that weighed in excess of 4,500 kgs.
In Milton (June 14) a total of 49 inspections were conducted. Out of these 49 a total of 20 vehicles were ordered out of service due to major defects and 62 charges were laid for vehicles that weighed in excess of 4,500 kgs.
Over the course of the two days, a total of 113 Highway Traffic Act charges were laid.
Halton police “recognize the concerns that our local communities express regarding truck traffic and as such will continue to work hard on educating and enforcing the Highway Traffic Act when it comes to commercial vehicle operators,” a news release reads.
- Police Investigating After Deceased Woman Located in Vehicle in Burlington
- Multiple Drivers Penalized for Speeding, Street Racing in Oakville and Burlington
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: September 15– 21
- Here's How Many Charges OPP Laid Against Truck Drivers in One Week
- Here's How Many Charges OPP Laid Against Truck Drivers in 24 Hours
- Here’s Why Halton Police Officers Laid Over 3,000 Charges Recently
- Here's How Many Unsafe Trucks Were on the Road in Halton
- Nearly 2,000 Transport Truck Drivers Charged in OPP Traffic Safety Blitz