Here’s How Residents Can Get Involved with Burlington’s 2020 Budget
The process of determining Burlington's 2020 budget is currently underway. And, according to a recent press release from the city, during the process, choices will be made to ensure that services provided to residents align with the priorities in Burlington's 2018-2022 strategic work plan, From Vision to Focus.
One may think that when it comes to developing a budget, city officials are the only people who have a say. However, that is not the case.
The city is also looking for feedback from residents to learn about how municipal services are valued, and which ones are a priority for residents.
Residents can share their thoughts by completing an online survey which will be available until Sept. 20, 2019.
All feedback will be shared with city council.
"Each year, the city of Burlington undergoes an annual budget process to create a budget that supports city operations and delivers the programs and services required to maintain the high quality of life we enjoy in our community," Joan Ford, Director of Finance, said in a statement. "We look forward to hearing from residents about the services that are important to them as we begin planning the 2020 budget."
The following graphic outlines the proposed meeting dates for the 2020 budget process.
Graphic is courtesy of the city of Burlington.
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Oakville youth arrested for "swatting" incidents
- 3 suspects wanted after attempted robbery and shooting in Milton: Halton Police
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Halton Police catch vehicle illegally passing school bus
- Charges laid in Oakville labour trafficking investigation: Halton Police
- Tax increase included in City of Burlington budget meetings
- Burlington's 2018 Operating Budget Approved by City Council
- Burlington Council Unanimously Approves 2018 Capital Budget
- Here’s How You Can Have Your Say in Burlington’s 2019 Budget
- Residents Can Weigh in on Where Milton Should Spend Money in 2020