Here’s How Residents Can Get Involved With the Town of Milton
If you've been looking for a way to get involved with the Town of Milton then look no further because your opportunity has come.
The town is currently seeking volunteers for its local board and committees.
According to a recent press release from the town, volunteers will be required to serve a four-year term, until successors are appointed.
This termruns concurrently with the term of Milton Council.
The town is looking for volunteers for the following committees and boards:
- The Community Fund Advisory Committee
- The Committee of Adjustment and Consent
- The Mattamy National Cycling Centre - Management Committee
- The Milton Accessibility Advisory Committee
- The Milton Public Library Board
Those who wish to be considered must apply.
To be considered for a volunteer position, applicants must be a resident of Milton, or an owner or tenant of land in the municipality, or the spouse of such an owner or tenant, a minimum of 18 years of age on the date of appointment, and an employee(s) of a business located in the municipality or student(s) attending a school located in Milton.
Application forms can be found at, https://www.milton.ca/en/townhall/boardsandcommittees.asp or at the Office of the Town Clerk located at 150 Mary St.
Note that a separate application must be submitted for each committee you apply for. Along with the application form, applicants must submit a resume.
Completed application forms must be submitted no later than Monday, Jan. 14, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
View the press release here for more information.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Burlington City Council votes to modify parks and beach operations amid COVID-19
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton
- Here’s How Oakville Residents Can Get More Involved in the Town
- Milton Announces Exciting Initiative to Get Residents Involved in the Town’s Growth
- Here’s What The Town of Milton is Doing About Aircraft Noise
- Here’s What the Town of Milton Will be Spending Money on Come 2019
- Volunteers Raise Over $100K for the Milton District Hospital