Here’s the Latest on the New Sherwood Community Centre Coming to Milton
Initially, the new Sherwood Community Centre that is coming to the town of Milton was scheduled to open this summer. However, things have changed.
Now, the community centre will be opening at the end of September - no official date has been released. However, the Milton Public Library has confirmed that its newest branch - the Sherwood Branch - which will be part of the Sherwood Community Centre, will officially be open as of Sept. 30, 2019.
Besides the library branch, the Sherwood Community Centre will also consist of a twin pad arena, an aquatic centre (25-metre pool and leisure/therapeutic pool), an older adult activity lounge, an active living studio, and a multi-purpose space.
The facility will be located at the northeast corner of Main Street and Tremaine Road, next to Sherwood District Park.
The estimated capital budget for this facility, as noted on the town’s website, is $50 million.
“Outdoor recreation facilities on site may also be considered but are not included in the current cost estimates,” reads the town’s website.
Are you looking forward to this new facility opening?
All photos are courtesy of the town of Milton.
- Delays At Major Intersection In Burlington Due To Collision
- Man Transported To Hospital Following Reported Stabbing In Milton
- Man Charged Following Fatal Oakville Crash
- Oakville Man Charged After Being Found With Over 400 Pounds of Cannabis During Traffic Stop
- Around 93 Per Cent Of Education Workers Have Voted In Favour Of Strike
- Here’s What We Know About the New Sherwood Community Centre and Library
- Here’s What the Newest Milton Library Branch Will Look Like
- Here’s When the Newest Branch of the Milton Public Library is Opening
- Here’s What We Know About the New Trafalgar Park Community Centre
- Brand New Community Centre Opening in Oakville