Here’s the Latest on the Spencer Smith Park Playground Improvements in Burlington
Anyone who has ventured to Spencer Smith Park in Burlington to enjoy the playground recently may have been disappointed to find out that the playground is currently closed and fenced off.
The playground is being improved and is currently under construction.
However, the construction, which only started last month, is expected to be completed by the end of this month.
Once construction is complete, those who visit the playground will be able to enjoy a new spiral slide, an overhead glider (zip line), stepping pods, a rock wall, and overhead climber, and, just in time for the summer, integrated shade.
Back in 2017-18, the city of Burlington conducted a survey, ‘Love My Playground’, to get the public’s feedback regarding what type of equipment they’d like to see at local playgrounds.
The survey results showed that residents wanted to see the equipment pieces mentioned above.
In addition, a proposed improvement includes the installation of rubberized safety surfacing around the playground and swings.
According to the city’s approved 2019 capital budget, Burlington will be putting $8.4-million towards parks and open spaces across the city.
Renderings are courtesy of the city of Burlington.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire causing highway delays in Oakville
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- Here's why Halton residents should vote strategically this election
- Exciting Changes are Coming to This Playground in Burlington
- UPDATED: Three Burlington Parks Reopen After Playgrounds Set on Fire
- Who Wants a Wood Board From Spencer Smith Park?
- This Burlington Park is Undergoing a Massive Renewal Project
- Here's How You Can Talk to City Councillors and Eat A Free Meal in Burlington Soon