Here's What's Happening for Remembrance Day in Oakville
Each year we remember and this year marks the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I.
According to the Town of Oakville, the following Remembrance Day ceremonies will take place in Oakville:
Nov. 4, 2018, 10 a.m.
The Royal Canadian Legion parade will head west along Lakeshore Road from 79 Jones St. to the Cenotaph for the Ceremony of Remembrance which will be hosted by the Royal Canadian Legion.
George’s Square ceremony
Nov. 11, 2018, 11 a.m.
A Veterans parade will head east along Lakeshore Road to Trafalgar Road, and north on Trafalgar Road into George’s Square for the Ceremony of Remembrance hosted by Oakville Legion Branch 114.
A Ceremony of Remembrance will take place on Nov. 11, 2018, 11 a.m.
Road closures and Transit schedule
Road closures and transit schedules will be announced closer to the dates.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Justin Trudeau Still Preferred Prime Minister After Blackface Photos
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- 5 Rides That Used to Exist at Canada's Wonderland