Here’s What’s Happening on Family Day in Oakville
Family Day is quickly approaching and the Town of Oakville is offering a slew of events for families to participate in and enjoy. The best part? Some of these fun-filled events and activities are free! What’s better than a free event?
Here’s what’s happening in Oakville on Family Day (Feb. 18, 2019).
“Families can enjoy Storytime at select Oakville Public Library branches and town facilities; get their picture taken on a Zamboni at River Oaks and Glen Abbey community centres and Joshua’s Creek Arenas; catch the Oakville Blades play the Burlington Cougars at Sixteen Mile Sports Complex and take part in free swimming and skating at participating pools and arenas,” notes the Town of Oakville website.
Families can also participate in yoga classes, kickboxing and Zumba classes, learn about the town’s history at the Oakville Museum, and so much more.
Family Day events are being held at the Glen Abbey Community Centre and Library, Joshua’s Creek Arena, Iroquois Ridge Community Centre and Library, Sixteen Mile Sports Complex, Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Culture Centre, River Oaks Community Centre, Trafalgar Park Community Centre, Oakville Museum at Erchless Estate, Peter Gilgan Family YMCA, and the Toronto Rock Athletic Centre (Oakville Lacrosse).
The town’s website also notes that food and beverages will be available for purchase from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Iroquois Ridge Community Centre and Trafalgar Park and from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at QEPCCC, Glen Abbey and River Oaks community centres.
To view Oakville’s Family Day schedule in full, click here.
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club Near Oakville
- Major Delays Expected on QEW Due Construction on Burlington Skyway Bridge
- Gas Prices Expected to Drop in Halton Soon
- Brand New Community Centre Opening in Oakville
- Here’s What We Know About the New Trafalgar Park Community Centre
- Here’s What’s Happening on Family Day in Milton for Free
- Here’s What We Know About the New Sherwood Community Centre and Library
- Big Changes are Coming to the Oakville Public Library’s Glen Abbey Branch