Here’s Where Burlington’s Cannabis Store Could be Located
It has been just over a month since it was announced that Burlington city council voted to opt in on having cannabis stores in the city.
This decision was made on Jan. 14 at a special meeting of council. The actual motion was for Burlington to ‘not opt out’, meaning opting in, and it was carried by a vote of 5-2.
Burlington’s decision to opt in, according to a press release, means that bricks and mortar stores with an approved license from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (ACGO), will be allowed to sell recreational cannabis in the city as early as April 1, 2019.
Now, according to a recent blog post on the Burlington Mayor’s, Marianne Meed Ward, website, the province’s Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) has released the locations of the first 14 proposals for legal retail cannabis stores with Burlington being one of them.
The proposed location of the Burlington store (RELM Cannabis Co.) is 4031 Fairview St., Unit 103, at the corner of Walkers Line.
“This is the kind of location where it is appropriate for accommodating retail cannabis stores in our city,” Meed Ward said in the blog post. “It is more than 150 metres from any school or any of the other locations of particular concern, including parks, pools, arenas, libraries or recreation centres. And it is also along transit routes and near the QEW/Hwy. 403.”
Residents have until March 6 to submit their feedback or any concerns or objections regarding the location. Feedback can be submitted to the province through the AGCO’s website.
It was noted in the blog post that the City of Burlington won’t be submitting comments to the AGCO on this application due to its suitability.
What do you think of this location?
- Unpopular Opinion: 'Free speech' is not a thing and good riddance to 'Grapes'
- Ontario government passes bill to limit public wages
- UPDATE: Coach's Corner host Ron MacLean apologizes for Don Cherry's controversial remarks
- Update: Distressed Halton coyote found and treated for injuries
- Latest on schools and buses in Halton on snowy Monday
- This is Where Burlington’s Cannabis Store will be Located
- Burlington City Council Votes to Opt in on Having Cannabis Stores
- Burlington Mayor Weighs in on New Potential Cannabis Store Locations in the City
- Burlington files application for third cannabis store
- Should Retail Cannabis Stores Come to Oakville?