Here's Where Halton's Hospitals Rank on the List of Best Hospitals in Canada
While every city is excited when its establishments make it onto a list of the world’s best anything, it’s especially encouraging when a city (or country’s) hospitals are recognized as some of the best in the world.
Newsweek magazine recently partnered with Statista Inc., a global market research and consumer data company, to create a comprehensive ranking of the world’s best hospitals.
“Of all the industries on the threshold of transformation, none is more politically contentious, tightly regulated, scientifically significant or economically important than health care. Hospitals around the globe will drive—and be shaped by—much of this disruption,” the article says.
Newsweek says one thousand hospitals were selected based on recommendations from medical professionals, patient survey results and medical performance indicators.
Newsweek says Statista collaborated with GeoBlue and invited tens of thousands of doctors, hospital managers and other healthcare professionals to complete an online survey.
So, where did Halton’s hospitals rank on the list?
The region’s hospitals didn’t manage to break the top 20, with Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital coming in at 43, Milton District Hospital at 63 and Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington at 66.
Brampton Civic Hospital, which operates under the William Osler Health banner, came in at 54.
On a list of 85 Canadian hospitals, no Peel establishments broke the top 20 either. However, Credit Valley Hospital—which operates under the Trillium Health Partners banner—came in at number 39 on the list.
It’s followed by the Mississauga Hospital (which also under Trillium Health Partners) at 49.
Newsweek also ranked the top 10 hospitals in the world and only one Canadian hospital made the cut—Toronto General Hospital at number 7.
You can see the rest of the top 10 below:
Are you happy with healthcare in Halton?
- What's Open and Closed Thanksgiving Monday in Burlington, Oakville, and Milton
- Rollover collision causing highway delays in Milton
- Burlington Liberal Calls Out Conservatives for "Jewish Targeting" Literature
- One Beer Store location will remain open in Burlington on Thanksgiving
- Beef and veal products recalled due to E. coli
- Here’s How Much Money Halton Hospitals Recently Received
- More Than 100 Ontario Hospitals to Undergo Repairs This Year
- Halton Hospital Workers Vote to Join Union
- Here's Something You Didn't Know About the Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington
- Here’s Why the Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital Stands Out