Here’s Why the Halton Region was Recently Recognized
The Halton Region is recognized for many reasons. All throughout Burlington, Milton, Oakville, and Halton Hills there are some incredible restaurants, places to shop, people meet, and so much more.
And now, the region is being recognized is being recognized for something else.
For the eighth year in a row, Mediacorp Canada Inc. has recognized the Halton Region as a top employer in the GTA.
The region was recognized in Mediacorp's 'Greater Toronto's Top Employers' competition. This local competition reviews employer submissions from both the public and private sectors and is judged based on the same criteria as the national contest.
The region's wellness programs, opportunities for young people, supports for new parents, professional development and training, working conditions and onsite amenities at its public headquarters were all factors that Mediacorp looked at when considering Halton for this award.
"We are proud to be one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2019," Gary Carr, Halton Regional Chair, said in a recent press release.
"By investing in our team, we can attract and leverage the top talent that will continue to enhance Regional programs and services. Our dedicated Council and the caliber of our staff are the reason why 97 per cent of Halton residents are satisfied with the quality of Regional programs."
The Halton Region currently employs over 2,500 people.
To view current career opportunities in Halton, visit halton.ca.
- Ontario Amber Alert Cancelled After Missing Mississauga Boy Found Safe
- Here’s Exactly Where the New Oakville Elementary School Will be Located
- BREAKING: Amber Alert issued For 5-Year-Old Boy Last Seen in Mississauga
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Ford Government Proposes To End OHIP Out-Of-Country Traveller's Program
- These Burlington-Based Companies Were Recognized as Top Employers for 2019
- Halton Region Joins Toronto's Bid for Amazon’s Second HQ
- Here’s Why These Halton Councillors Were Recently Recognized
- Halton-Based Companies Among Canada's Top Employers for Young People
- Region Weighs in on Potential Possibility of Halton Becoming One City