Highway Closure Near Milton Prompted by Shooting
Reports of a shooting and a collision prompted a highway closure early Saturday morning near Milton.
A shooting involving two vehicles was reported on Hwy. 401 eastbound, east of Winston Churchill Blvd., between 4:30 a.m. to 5 a.m.
One vehicle remains on scene with heavy damage, says OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
The vehicle, which rolled over onto its side, has evidence of bullets being shot at it.
There were five occupants in the vehicle. No injuries have been reported.
Police are searching for the second vehicle involved. Schmidt says the vehicle is possibly red and has significant damage to its front and sides, as it collided with the highway barriers before leaving the scene.
Hwy. 401 between Winston Churchill and Mississauga Rd. is closed as police and the MTO continue to investigate this incident.
Police are appealing for witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call Port Credit OPP at 905-278-6131.
UPDATE: All lanes have been reopened.
- Multiple Collisions Prompting Road Closure in Oakville
- Milton Man Dead After Fatal Crash in Oakville
- Police Warn Residents to Beware of Serious and Ongoing Taxi Scam in Halton
- Major Delays Caused After Transport Truck Rolls into Ditch in Milton
- Check if Your Street Has Been Snow Plowed in Burlington