Huge Road Closure in Milton This Weekend
Road widening work is taking place in Milton all weekend, which means road closures are going to kick in along a major street.
Steeles Ave. will be closed west of Industrial Dr. to Regional Rd. 25/Martin St. until Sunday, Aug. 20 at 7 p.m.
In case you didn’t know, Steeles will be widened from a two-lane rural to a four-lane urban cross section from 400 metres west of Industrial to Regional Road 25/Martin Street.
The project will include: two 3.65m vehicle lanes each direction and dedicated on-street bike lanes; left-turn lanes and right-turn lanes at intersections; new traffic signals at Steeles Ave. at Industrial Dr.; new watermain and new water service connections; 3.0 m off-road multi-use asphalt pathways on both sides of Steeles.
Here’s the detour route:
Map courtesy of the Town of Milton
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- UPDATE: Fatality Following Person Struck by Train in Oakville
- Multi-Vehicle Collision Blocking Lanes On Highway 403 In Burlington
- How to Protect Yourself From a Coyote in Halton
- PHOTOS: Police Investigating One-Vehicle Accident In Milton