Ice Cream Social Happening in Milton
A popular Milton park is finally reopening and there’s going to be tubs and tubs of ice cream.
The grand opening of Victoria Park is taking place with the Ice Cream Social on Thursday, July 27.
Residents will be celebrating two things: Milton’s 160th birthday and Canada’s 150th anniversary of Confederation.
There will be an official ribbon-cutting along with games, face-painting, kids’ activities, and the official plaque unveiling.
Residents are invited to bring picnic blankets and celebrate under the stars with Canadian music performed by the Milton Concert Band.
Visitors are also invited to take in the many new features of the park, including the restoration of the cenotaph, commemorative pathways, plus playground equipment and swings.
The event is taking place beside Town Hall (150 Mary St.) from 6:30 pm. until 8 :30 p.m.
Admission is free.
- All COVID-19 cases in Halton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Co-op jobs to open up at Ford Oakville plant
- Design of post-CERB benefits could change as pandemic shifts course, minister says
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- COVID closes restaurants in Burlington and Milton