Is a Unique New Entertainment Facility Opening in Halton?
Halton could use another dose of fun, and we’re in luck - a new entertainment experience might be coming our way.
Entertainment company Topgolf is teaming up with good old Cineplex to bring a massive sports entertainment complex to Canada.
The duo is planning on opening several Topgolf venues across Canada over the next few years.
While an exact timeline and locations have not yet been released, what we do know is they’re planning to set up shop in large urban centres across Canada, and so the complex might just open a location in Halton.
“Throughout the years, Canada has been the top-requested country among our fans asking us to expand outside the United States,” said Topgolf Entertainment Group co-chairman and CEO Erik Anderson. “We’re thrilled to continue our growth in North America and introduce Topgolf as a destination for entertainment and socializing where Canadians can play golf even when there’s snow on the ground.”
Topgolf offers guests a unique way to play golf using microchipped balls to instantly score themselves, showing players their shot accuracy and distance on a screen in their hitting bay.
Looks like you can toss the pencil and paper from your mini putt games out the window.
But Topgolf doesn’t just offer golf. The venues are massive, three-level, 65,000-square-foot spaces have chef-driven menus (yay, food!), drinks, big screen TVs, and music.
Further, there’s programming for kids and families, social leagues, groups, golf tournaments, and instruction.
“We continue to identify new opportunities to grow and diversify our business and are very pleased to introduce this incredible entertainment and sports concept to Canadians,” said Cineplex president and CEO Ellis Jacob. “As one of the country’s leading entertainment companies, this relationship with Topgolf is a natural extension of our business and leverages our existing expertise, experience and infrastructure in the Canadian market.”
We know that one entertainment complex featuring activities and food, The Rec Room, is opening nearby in Mississauga (set to take over the old Target location at Square One), an entertainment hub residents are already eager to check out, The Rec Room will also be operated by Cineplex, and the Mississauga location will be its second in the GTA.
The questions remains as to where Topgolf could set up shop in Halton, and whether or not the concept would fly here.
The major golf facility already operates 33 locations across the United States and United Kingdom.
Do you think this concept could work in Halton?
- House of the Week: $1 Mil Milton Home with Gorgeous Salt Water Pool
- Cineplex CEO Stands By Decision To Screen Pro-Life Film 'Unplanned'
- Metrolinx Working to Improve the Commute for Some Halton Residents
- Suspect Arrested After Packages Stolen from Front Doors of Burlington Residences
- This Pub is Now Open in Burlington
- PHOTOS: First Look at Massive Entertainment Facility Opening Today in Square One in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: First Look at the Massive Rec Room Entertainment Facility Coming to Square One
- Massive Two-Day Japanese Food and Entertainment Festival Coming to GTA This Weekend
- More Outdoor Entertainment for Burlington
- Could a New Virtual Reality Experience be Coming to Halton?