LATEST: Special weather statement in Halton
It looks like it's going to be a wet Halloween in Halton this year.
According to the latest update from Environment Canada, Halton is expected to get 30 to 50 mm of rain today, with the heaviest rainfall coming in the afternoon.
In addition to the rain, gusts of wind as strong as 70 km/h or 80 km/h are possible tonight into Friday morning.
A low pressure system approaching Southern Ontario from the southwest is the reason for the unappealing weather conditions.
Drivers are reminded to turn on their headlights if visibility is reduced, keep a safe following distance, and pay extra attention for pedestrians--who may be difficult to see due to the weather conditions.
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario and Halton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 131 in Halton
- Residents can sign up for Canada Emergency Response Benefit starting this week
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19