Major Area of Georgetown Closed After Live Wires and Trees Blown Down
Crews are on scene in Georgetown after live wires and trees came down due to severe weather conditions on Wednesday.
According to Halton Regional Police on Wednesday April 4 at around 3 p.m., Maple Avenue is closed between Main St. and Market St. due to live wires and trees blown down as a result of high winds.
Police are urging the public to avoid the area.
Hydro and tree removal crews are currently working to resolve the incident.
- COVID shuts down classrooms in Oakville and Milton
- Oakville girl may have died trying to save her horse
- Oakville man wanted by FBI
- Ontario teachers no longer self-isolating after coming into contact with individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- COVID-19 hits more schools amid growing fears of pandemic’s second wave