Major Area of Georgetown Closed After Live Wires and Trees Blown Down
Crews are on scene in Georgetown after live wires and trees came down due to severe weather conditions on Wednesday.
According to Halton Regional Police on Wednesday April 4 at around 3 p.m., Maple Avenue is closed between Main St. and Market St. due to live wires and trees blown down as a result of high winds.
Police are urging the public to avoid the area.
Hydro and tree removal crews are currently working to resolve the incident.
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Halton This Weekend
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- Halton Paramedics Respond to Multi-Vehicle Collision in Oakville
- Major Road Closed Following Crash in Oakville
- Police Searching for Suspects Following Real Canadian Superstore Incident in Oakville