Major Disruptions Coming to GO Train Service in Oakville and Burlington
If you regularly use the GO Train in Oakville and Burlington, there are some upcoming service disruptions that you might want to take note of.
Metrolinx recently announced that major infrastructure upgrades will impact weekend train service this fall.
“Metrolinx is committed to getting people moving better, faster and easier. In order to do so and ensure safety, some critical infrastructure upgrades are needed, which will impact service and travel along the Lakeshore West, Lakeshore East, and Barrie GO lines, as well as UP Express during several weekends this fall,” Metrolinx wrote in a news release.
This coming weekend (Sept 8-9), service on the Lakeshore East and Lakeshore West lines will operate hourly.
Commuters should also note that Lakeshore West GO trains will not serve stations west of Long Branch GO Station.
Commuters travelling to and from Exhibition will have to transfer trains at Union Station.
That same weekend, UP Express will operate every half hour. Customers should plan ahead as travel times will be increased by as much as 15 minutes.
“By reducing service on the weekend when there are fewer customers, we will get this work done faster, more safely and more efficiently.
To learn more about service changes, click here.
- Police Seeking Witness Following Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington
- Burlington Resident Rich After Winning Massive Lotto Prize
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Halton Residents into Giving Up Private Information
- Multiple Lanes Blocked Due To Collision On QEW In Burlington
- Here’s When L.L. Bean is Opening in Oakville
- Lakeshore West GO Train Service Will be Temporarily Reduced
- Big Changes Coming to GO Train Service in Ontario
- GO Train Service Changes in Oakville and Burlington
- Huge Changes Coming to GO Train Service in Halton and Surrounding Cities
- Pedestrian Struck by GO Train Halts Service in Burlington and Oakville