Man charged after numerous firearms seized in Halton
A Stoney Creek man is facing charges after multiple firearms were seized over the course of an investigation that began in Oakville.
Halton police say that on the morning of March 26, 2020, officers were called to an Oakville residence to respond to reports of a male with a firearm. Police say officers located and arrested the suspect with a loaded handgun.
No injuries were sustained during the arrest and no shots were fired, police say.
Police allege that further investigation revealed the suspect was also the owner of numerous registered firearms, so officers executed public safety warrants in Burlington and Stoney Creek.
As a result, 69 restricted, non-restricted, and prohibited firearms were allegedly seized by police.
Police say 60-year-old Paul Galardo has been charged with 17 firearm and prohibited weapons offences.
He was held for a bail hearing in Milton.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Shane Glenfield of the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2216.
Photo courtesy of Halton police
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Update: Teen charged after alleged stabbing of 79-year-old woman in Oakville
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario releases new guidelines for treatment during pandemic
- Province investing millions in broadband and cellular service for Ontarians
- Two Suspects Charged Following Illegal Firearms Investigation in Burlington
- Firearms and knife seized after street robbery in Oakville
- Firearm Seized During Stolen Licence Plate Investigation in Burlington
- Three Halton Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Halton Police Help Nab Suspect After Shots Fired in Mississauga