Man Charged Following Pharmacy Robbery in Oakville
A man is facing charges in connection with a pharmacy robbery in Oakville, police say.
Halton police say that on August 26, 2018, a lone male entered the Shoppers Drug Mart located at 550 Kerr Street in the Town of Oakville shortly after 9:30 p.m.
Police allege the male approached the pharmacy counter and passed a note to the staff, demanding a quantity of drugs.
Police say no weapon was seen, and that the accused was given an undisclosed amount of methadone before reportedly fleeing the pharmacy on foot in an unknown direction.
No injuries were reported in connection with the incident.
This adult male has since been identified by police and charges are pending.
Police say there is no risk to public safety at this time.
Anyone who may have additional information pertaining to this incident is asked to contact Constable Samantha Coysh of the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2245.
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- Two Burlington Residents Celebrating Big Lotto Win
- UPDATE: 84-Year-Old Driver Succumbs to Injuries Following Collision in Oakville
- UPDATE: Fatality Following Person Struck by Train in Oakville
- An Ice Cream-Themed Installation is Coming to Mapleview Centre in Burlington