Man Charged for Metal Theft in Halton Hills
A Toronto man is facing charges in connection with the theft of metal from a business in Halton Hills.
Halton police say large metal concrete forms, worth an estimated $4000, were stolen on Aug. 23 from EFCO Corp. at 30 Todd Rd. in Georgetown.
Surveillance footage was used as investigators obtained several photographs of the suspect.
Lewis Newton, of Etobicoke, was arrested on Aug. 29.
He’s charged with theft under $5,000 and breach of probation order.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det.-Const. Simon Burden from 1 District’s criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2116 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- COVID-19 case reported at Milton school
- House of the Week: Rural Milton estate will let you live large
- Heritage Glen latest Oakville school to report COVID case
- Second case of COVID at Oakville's Garth Webb high school
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 625 new cases and on track for 1,000 a day, modelling shows