Man Dies of Injuries From Oakville Crash
A 57-year-old Mississauga man has died in hospital following a crash in Oakville.
His name isn’t being released at the request of his family, say Halton police.
The incident took place on Aug. 15 along Burnhamthorpe Rd. E. between Ninth Line and Trafalgar Rd.
Two vehicles collided just after 7:30 a.m. when an eastbound van crossed over the centre line and struck another van travelling west.
The driver of the westbound van, a 57-year-old Mississauga man, was airlifted to a Toronto trauma hospital where he was listed in critical condition.
The driver of the eastbound vehicle, a 30-year-old Oakville man, received minor injuries and was treated at the scene by paramedics.
The scene was closed for four hours as the collision reconstruction unit (CRU) investigated.
Witnesses are asked to phone the CRU at 905-825-4747 ext. 5065 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Truck Carrying a Number of Bicycles Stopped in Burlington
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- An Ice Cream-Themed Installation is Coming to Mapleview Centre in Burlington
- Suspect Sought After More Than $2K Worth of Music Equipment Stolen in Burlington
- Huge Residential Development Proposed for Milton