Man in Halton Police Custody in Relation to Georgetown House Fire
A 62 year old man from Georgetown is in police custody, after Halton police responded to a reported house fire.
Halton police officers recieved the call at 10:30pm on Sunday, September 8.
The owner of the home on Greystone Crescent in Geogetown reported seeing flames outside the house window. A vehicle was also vandalized with eggs.
The man is in currently in police custody for arson.
There were no injuries reported at this time.
Investigators from the Forensic Identification Bureau and the Criminal Investigation Bureau have taken over the case.
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with significant jump recorded in Halton
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- Halton Hills Fire Services Responding to House Fire in Georgetown
- Four Suspects in Custody After Weapons Call at Halton School Lockdown
- Police Seeking to Identify Suspect After House Destroyed by Fire in Burlington
- Man Found Dead in Georgetown House Following Fire
- Police Responding to House Fire in Milton