Man Stabbed at Oakville House Party
A stabbing at a house party in Oakville sent a man to hospital overnight and Halton police are investigating Sunday.
“We don’t know what type of weapon was used,” said Det. Ron Strauch.
Emergency crews were sent to a home on Stephens Cres., near Fourth Line and Speers Rd.
It’s believed an altercation took place and an unknown suspect pulled an “edged weapon.”
Paramedics treated a 20-year-old male before transporting him to hospital where he was later released with a minor injury.
The victim isn’t from Halton.
“There was a lot of people” at the party, said Strauch, however, it’s unclear how many suspects are involved.
“We’re getting varying accounts of what’s happened,” said Strauch, adding “we haven’t narrowed it down yet.”
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the on-duty Staff Sgt. at 905-825-4747 ext. 2205. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- 5 Places Where You Can Take Amazing Instagram Selfies Near Halton
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Driver Ticketed for Watching Raptors Parade While Driving in Oakville
- GO Transit Anticipates Packed Trains this Evening Following Raptors Parade