Massive Company About to Create 800 New Jobs in Milton
A massive company is about to create a ton of new jobs in the Town of Milton.
800 to be exact.
A massive DSV Global Transport and Logistics facility is being built in the town.
The location of this facility, which is also to be the future DSV Canadian head office, was marked by a ground-breaking ceremony on that took place on Nov. 22.
At this ceremony, DSV Managing Directors, Rob Chanona, Martin Roos and Kyle Birchard welcomed Milton Mayor, Gordon Krantz, Chief Administrative Officer for the Town of Milton Bill Mann, and Manager of Economic Development for Halton, Region Christine Carrington along with Leeswood Construction to celebrate the occasion.
This facility, which will be located at Fifth Line, just north of Derry Road, will be the largest of its kind for DSV.
The facility, which will be a 1.1 million square foot complex, will feature a multi-client warehouse with state-of-the-art logistics capabilities and an attached 3-floor, 35,000 square foot administrative office.
“Today’s ground-breaking signifies a momentous milestone for DSV," Martin Roos, Managing Director, said in a recent press release.
"The largest facility of its kind in the DSV network worldwide (across over 80 countries), the new facility in Milton showcases our commitment to our customers and the future of DSV in Canada. Together, we have limitless potential and opportunity for growth, partnership, and innovation."
It is predicated that this facility will open in the fall of 2019.
“Milton is a Place of Possibility," Mayor Krantz said in a recent press release.
"We welcome DSV and all it has to offer, as our community continues to grow and prosper from new business.”
Construction for the facility began back in May of 2018, with Leeswood Construction managing the project and build.
Photo is courtesy of DSV Global Transport and Logistics.
- Ontario Amber Alert Cancelled After Missing Mississauga Boy Found Safe
- Here’s Exactly Where the New Oakville Elementary School Will be Located
- BREAKING: Amber Alert issued For 5-Year-Old Boy Last Seen in Mississauga
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Ford Government Proposes To End OHIP Out-Of-Country Traveller's Program
- PHOTOS: First Look at the Massive Rec Room Entertainment Facility Coming to Square One
- Controversy Swirls Around Oakville Cannabis Facility
- PHOTOS: First Look at Massive Entertainment Facility Opening Today in Square One in Mississauga
- Is a Unique New Entertainment Facility Opening in Halton?
- Here’s the Latest on the Milton Logistics Hub Project