Milton Man Arrested After Five Women Allegedly Sexually Assaulted on GO Transit
A Milton man is facing charges in connection with five alleged sexual assaults that targeted five women on GO Transit.
Peel police say the service's Special Victims Unit and Metrolinx investigators have been working on a joint investigation into the alleged assaults.
Police say the five incidents took place while the victims were travelling on the GO train between Union station and Milton station.
According to police, a 41-year-old Milton woman was assaulted on June 17, 2018, a 28-year-old Mississauga woman was assaulted on Aug. 1, 2018, a 36-year-old Mississauga woman was assaulted in October 2018, a 23-year-old Mississauga woman was assaulted on Nov. 21, 2018 and a 20-year-old Mississauga woman was assaulted on Feb. 14, 2019.
Police say the victims were not injured and did not require any medical assistance.
Police say that on Monday, April 1, 2019, 43-year-old Milton man Mizanur Rahman was arrested and charged with five counts of sexual assault.
The accused was released on a promise to appear and will appear in court on Monday, May 6.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation are asked to call investigators from the Special Victims Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3460.
- 3 suspects wanted after attempted robbery and shooting in Milton: Halton Police
- Oakville youth arrested for "swatting" incidents
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Police investigating robbery of Canadian Tire in Burlington
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Halton Police catch vehicle illegally passing school bus
- Oakville Woman Allegedly Sexually Assaulted by Hospital Worker
- Police Searching For Suspect After 13-Year-Old Male Was Sexually Assaulted in Burlington
- Woman Charged After Three Halton Police Officers Assaulted
- Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- Oakville Man Claiming to be Doctor Charged with Sexual Assault