Milton Man Celebrating Huge Lotto Win
A Milton man is celebrating a very early—and very exciting—Christmas present.
OLG recently announced Richard (Rich) Rak of Milton is at a loss for words after winning $100,000 with Encore (October 20, 2017 Lotto Max draw).
"The day after the draw, I checked my ticket against the numbers posted online," Rak told OLG while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "I could see that many of the numbers matched - I thought I won a couple thousand dollars."
Rak called to his wife to come and have a look.
"Like usual, it was my wife who corrected me. I had actually won $100,000!"
The father of two and grandfather of three says the win has come at the perfect time.
"I've been battling a long list of illness for many years and this win means more to me than I can put into words."
Rak is planning a big night out to celebrate.
"I am excited to take the love of my life - my wife - out for a wonderful dinner. We have been married for 45 years and I just want to sit across from her, hold her hand and spend the night talking about us and this amazing win."
Encore can be played in conjunction with most online lottery games for an extra $1. There is an Encore draw every day.
The winning ticket was purchased at Rexall in Scarborough General Hospital on Lawrence Avenue in Scarborough.
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Halton Pet Adoption: "Jumping" Joey
- Arrests made after masked men rob Burlington LCBO
- Doug Ford discusses help for businesses and urges residents not to go to cottages during COVID-19 outbreak
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford