New Covid-19 fall vaccine available in Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills
Published October 4, 2023 at 12:01 pm
The updated COVID-19 vaccine is now available to residents in Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills.
The National Advisory Committee on Immunization and the Ministry of Health are recommending Canadians ages six months and over receive mRNA XBB.1.5 COVID-19 vaccines this fall.
Initial doses of the updated vaccine will be prioritized for those at high risk for influenza and/or COVID-19 related complications or hospitalization.
It’s expected that vaccination for the general population will begin in late October.
Priority populations who can book their shots now include:
- residents and staff of congregate living settings (e.g., chronic care facilities, retirement homes);
- pregnant individuals;
- individuals ≥ 65 years of age;
- all children 6 months to 4 years of age (due to influenza risk);
- individuals who are from a First Nation, Inuit or Métis community, and/or who self-identify as First Nation, Inuit, or Métis, and their household members;
- individuals 6 months of age and older with underlying health conditions per NACI;
- members of racialized and other equity deserving communities; and
- health care workers and first responders.
The new fall dose is recommended six months after a previous dose or COVID-19 infection. Those who have not been previously immunized can receive XBB.1.5 to start that series.
Residents can book an appointment online or get vaccinated at one of Halton’s Community Immunization Clinics (ages six months to under 12 years or ages 12+) by visiting here.
Or they can also visit participating pharmacies and primary care providers. Residents are asked to call ahead to confirm availability of COVID-19 vaccine products.
Community Clinics are being held this week in Oakville and Milton.
The South Oakville Centre, located on 1515 Rebecca St., is holding a clinic (ages six months to under 12 years) on Thursday (Oct. 5) from 9:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Friday (Oct. 6) from 9:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
The Milton Clinic (ages 12 and over) is being held at 550 Ontario St. South on Thursday (Oct. 5) and Friday (Oct. 6) from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
All doses at both clinics are by appointment only. Visit here for up-to-date clinic times and locations (schedules are subject to change).inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising