New Farm Boy grocery store in Oakville set to open later this month
A second Farm Boy store is opening later this month in Oakville.
The grocery store, set to open on June 24, will be replacing the old Sobeys location in Bronte at 2441 Lakeshore Road West.
Farm Boy, which has now opened 40 stores, also has a store in the Oakwoods Centre at 1907 Ironoak Way.
The new 29,908 square-foot Bronte location will employ 135 people.
“We are so pleased to be opening our second location in Oakville,” said Jean-Louis Bellemare, president and general manager of Farm Boy. “Customers visiting the new Bronte store can expect a true fresh market shopping experience along with exceptional customer service.”
Farm Boy plans to open three new locations in Ontario by the end of this year.
“The store’s selection of farm-fresh produce, butcher quality meat, and hundreds of Farm Boy private label grocery
items will complement the convenient and nutritious grab-and-go options,” the company said.
Beginning June 1 in effort to take better care of the environment, Farm Boy will remove single-use plastic grocery bags from all stores and encourage shoppers to bring their own reusable shopping bags or purchase from a wide selection reusable and eco-friendly options in-store.
Farm Boy Highlights include:
• Local farm fresh produce with organic in-season products.
• Hundreds of Ontario fresh dairy, meat and grocery products.
• Hormone-free, organic beef, pork and chicken.
• 100 per cent Canadian AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
• Plenty of plant-based, vegan and vegetarian fresh foods.
• A grill station for outstanding eat on-the-go options.
• Full-service hot bar and salad bar.
• Hundreds of popular Farm Boy private label products throughout the store.
• A wide variety of local farmstead, international, and Canadian cheeses.
• Ample reusable bag options to accommodate customers’ shopping needs.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising