New Italian Restaurant Opens in Downtown Burlington
Downtown Burlington's food scene just got a boost, Italian-style.
It’s welcoming another Italian restaurant and you may recognize the name.
The Express Italian Eatery has opened along Lakeshore Rd. at Brant St. and it's serving up pizza, pasta, steak and seafood.
The new restaurant opened last month in the former Salvatore's spot.
It’s from Hamilton — there’s a location by McMaster University and another on Grays Rd. closer to Stoney Creek.
Burlington is the third location.
The Express is named after the train in Italy which weaved through Bolzano, Milano, Florence, Bologna, Rome, Calabria and Sicily.
The menu represents a fusion of northern, central and southern Italian cuisine.
What’s in store?
Made to order wood fire pizzas, fresh in- house pasta and hand tossed gourmet salads.
Popular dishes include the Mare Monte ($14). It comes with sauteed shrimp with mushrooms and spinach in white wine plus goat cheese lemon sauce. The Caprese Plate ($14) features freshly sliced tomatoes and bocconcini topped with olive oil, basil and balsamic glaze.
Then there’s the Grilled Vegetable Salad ($14) which pairs zucchini, peppers and eggplant with seasoned tossed greens, balsamic vinaigrette, goat cheese and sun-dried tomato drizzle.
But you’ll really want to get the Ravioli al Brasato di Manzo.
Pillows are stuffed with braised beef then topped with sauteed red onions and mushrooms.
It’s comfort food that’s flavoured impeccably (and reminds me of my university roommate Tania's pot roast … gone Italian).
The Gnocchi, made in-house, arrives in a dreamy, creamy Rose sauce.
It’s topped with fried sweet potato chips for a layer of texture.
If you’re into sharing, you’ll want to order the Venetian pizza ($16). It’s got a thin crust plus asiago, soppressata, fresh rapini and pepperoncino, made in-house.
It’s fantastic and perfectly crispy.
For dessert, options include house-made creme brulee, panna cotta, and house-made Tiramisu that's just excellent (and not too sweet).
Service is great, and here’s something special for the ladies: They give out blankets on the patio if you're cold (or inside when the A/C is blasting.
The Express Italian Eatery
1477 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington, ON
- Halton Police issue warning after 'intentional collisions' from vehicle thieves
- Three Oakville teens arrested following robbery and assault
- Burlington's Walk Off The Earth releases latest viral hit ahead of Canada Day
- Sheridan College offering virtual workshop to prepare students for remote learning
- PICK A SIDE: Should kids go back to school in September?
- Top 5 Italian Restaurants in Burlington
- 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton – Jan. 5 – Jan. 11
- Top 5 restaurants in Burlington
- 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington and Milton – Oct. 13 – Oct. 19
- Top 5 Hottest Food Spots in Burlington, Milton, and Oakville: Oct 27-Nov 2