Oakville Man Arrested in Connection with Bank Robbery
An Oakville man is facing charges in connection with a bank robbery that took place in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Thursday, Feb. 15, the suspect entered a CIBC branch on Lorne Park Road. Once inside, the suspect allegedly approached a bank teller and handed over a note making a demand for money.
The bank teller complied with the request and the suspect left the bank. Police say the incident was captured on video surveillance.
On Feb. 27, 49-year-old Oakville man Randall McLellan was arrested and charged with one count of robbery.
The accused has been held for a bail hearing to take place on Feb. 28.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Central Robbery Bureau at (905)453-2121 ext. 3410.
- Here's Where Halton's Hospitals Rank on the List of Best Hospitals in Canada
- Collision Prompts Major Road Closure in Oakville
- Hundreds Affected by Power Outage in Burlington
- Here’s How Halton School Buses Will be Safer in September
- Here's Why It Is Harder For Young Adults To Buy A House In Today's Real Estate Market