One Dead Following Drowning Involving Toddler In Oakville
Halton Police are investigating a double drowning in Oakville.
Around noon today (July 10), the police responded to a call of an elderly female and a toddler found face down in the family in-ground pool on Yarmouth Crescent in Oakville. A neighbour pulled out the elderly female and the mother of the toddler pulled out the child.
Officers immediately performed CPR on the 79-year-old female. She was declared dead at the scene.
The child, a 4-year-old girl, regained consciousness prior to police arrival and was transported via an ORNGE ambulance to McMaster Children’s Hospital in Hamilton. She is in critical condition.
According to the police, the two are related as they are grandmother and granddaughter.
“We would like to remind the public of ensuring young children are wearing proper floatation devices (PFD’s) at all times when near pools or other recreational bodies of water, and to further ensure adults of vulnerable stature are capable of supervising young children in such environments,” says Halton Police.
- Police Searching for Parents After Lost Baby Found in Milton
- Police Investigating After Deceased Woman Located in Vehicle in Burlington
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Multiple Drivers Penalized for Speeding, Street Racing in Oakville and Burlington
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Mother and Daughter in Hospital After Being Pulled From Pool in Oakville
- Do You Actively Supervise Your Children in Water?
- UPDATE: Halton Police Searching for Missing 18-Year-Old Female From Oakville
- Halton Police Searching for Missing 18-Year-Old Female From Oakville
- Female Pronounced Dead Following Shooting In Burlington