PHOTOS: A Ton of New Emojis are Coming to Your Devices
Anyone who owns a cell phone, a tablet, or other device where you can access emojis, knows that emojis are quite possibly the best way to express yourself via text.
Choosing the right emoji can take your message from angry, to flirty, to excited, and beyond.
Now, a slew of brand new emojis are set to hit devices everywhere.
A whopping 157 new emojis, to be exact.
According to the Unicode Consortium, unicode emoji 11.0 characters are ready for adoption on upcoming device updates.
So, you can expect new emojis on platforms like Google, Apple, and Facebook as soon as summer 2018.
Here’s a look at what the new emojis could look like, courtesy of Emojipedia:
Notable new emojis include red headed people, curly haired people, superheroes, a partying face, and even a drunk face.
Here’s a closer look, courtesy of Emojipedia:
Feet, legs, a kangaroo, a tooth, and a cupcake are also on the roster.
According to Emojipedia, with the new additions, there will officially be a total of 2,823 approved emojis.
Vendors can officially incorporate new emojis in their updates as of June 5, 2018.
Here’s when you can expect the new emojis across different platforms and vendors, according to Emojipedia:
What do you think of the new emojis?
- Oakville man arrested after assault against 18 year old female in Burlington
- Ontario to introduce bill to extend some emergency measures over the next year
- Multiple individuals charged for impaired driving offences within Halton Region
- Burlington bakery under fire (again) after Blackout Tuesday response
- Close to 6,000 Milton homes and businesses without power