Police apprehend male barricaded inside Oakville home
A resident who barricaded himself inside a home in Oakville today has been apprehended by police.
Around 12:45 p.m., police received a call regarding a male barricaded in a home, possibly with weapons, on Honeyvale Road in Oakville.
“The call originated from someone concerned about social media posts they had seen online,” police said.
Frontline officers, tactical officers, K9 officers, and negotiators were deployed to the scene to negotiate with the male.
Homeowners near the scene were instructed by officers to shelter in place in their basements until the situation was resolved.
During the incident, police say a female exited the home unharmed, and negotiations continued unsuccessfully with the male party.
“Officers then received information that escalated our concern for the male, and entry was made into the home at which time the male was apprehended,” police said.
“He was taken to hospital for assessment.”
No injuries have been confirmed at this time.
Police say there is no public safety threat at this time and thanked residents in the area for their patience.
Affected roads have been reopened.
- Police arrest youth who barricaded himself in a home in Oakville
- Charges laid on Oakville man who allegedly threatened suicide, leading to police stand-off
- One Male in Custody After Terrorizing Family in Oakville
- Police Investigating Reports of Male with Firearm in Milton
- Oakville Carjacking Ends With One Male in Police Custody