Police Arrest Multiple People in Connection with Bicycle Thefts in Burlington
A number of suspects have been arrested in connection with bicycle thefts in Burlington.
Halton police report that on Wednesday, Aug. 9, officers intercepted and arrested two men who had allegedly stolen a bicycle that had been locked up at the Burlington GO station.
Police say the the accused men were loading the reportedly stolen bike into a van, which was later determined to have been stolen from the City of Hamilton.
Police also allege the males were in the process of stealing license plates from a parked vehicle in the GO lot to attach to the stolen van. Police also located two other bicycles reportedly stolen from nearby Mapleview Mall in the vehicle.
All three bikes have been returned to their owners.
Police have arrested and charged 32-year-old Hamilton man Richard Stocks and 40-year-old Hamilton man Jamie Dawes. They've been charged with two counts of theft under $5,000, two counts of possession of stolen property, mischief and more.
On Monday Aug. 7, officers also arrested two males in possession of a bicycle that had been reported stolen from the Burlington GO Station earlier in the day.
Police charged 44-year-old Guelph man Derek Burke and 34-year-old Guelph man Blake Komarniski with theft under $5,000, possession of stolen property, possession of a controlled substance and failing to comply with probation.
These arrests follow close on the heels of other arrests made in connection to bicycle thefts.
On Monday July 24, officers arrested 33-year-old Mississauga man Michael Sequeira after he allegedly stole a bike from the Burlington GO Station. He was charged with theft, mischief, possession of stolen property and more.
On Monday July 3, with the assistance of Burlington’s New World Cycle Shop, the police were able to identify and recover a road bike worth $1,500 that was stolen from the victim’s residential garage in November of 2016. The investigation also solved a 2015 stolen bike case where a $2,500 touring bicycle was stolen from the underground parking garage of a residential building.
Police charged 43-year-old Burlington man James Pezik with two counts of possession of stolen property and two counts of trafficking in stolen property in connection with the incidents.
Anyone who may have information pertaining to these bicycle thefts is asked to contact D/Cst Mark Urie of the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825 4747 ext. 2338.
- House of the Week: 6 beds and 6 baths in South Oakville
- Three Oakville teens arrested following robbery and assault
- Burlington's Walk Off The Earth releases latest viral hit ahead of Canada Day
- Halton Police issue warning after 'intentional collisions' from vehicle thieves
- Halton Pet Adoption: Catina
- OPP Arrest And Charge Man With Possession Of Stolen Property From Halton
- Three Suspects Arrested in Burlington in Relation to Stolen Property
- Two arrested after property stolen from vehicle in Georgetown
- Police looking for owners of stolen property in Oakville
- Suspects Charged After Halton Police Find Stolen Van in Burlington