Police ID Two People Found Dead in Oakville
An Oakville couple has been identified after police found them dead in their Oakville home on Wednesday.
A weapons-related call from 1414 Summerhill Cres. sent Halton police to the northeast end of town shortly before 5 a.m. on Jan. 17.
Officers arrived, finding one male and one female.
Police remained on scene near Bayshire Dr. and Summerhill Cres., near Upper Middle Rd. E. and Joshuas Creek Dr., for the day.
They found two people, since identified as Prem Singh, 69, and Jan Singh, 70.
Both lived in the house.
Police are now confirming a shooting took place in the home and they’ve recovered a gun.
Investigators are tight-lipped about the case, saying there's no threat to public safety.The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the homicide unit at 905-825-4776 or Crime Stoppers "See Something, Hear Something, Know Something - Contact Crime Stoppers" at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca or by texting "Tip 201" with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- UPDATE: SIU investigating man's fall from balcony in Oakville
- Update: Oakville doctor arrested again for sexual assault
- House of the Week: Living in luxury in rural Halton Hills
- One person injured during interaction with police in Oakville