Police investigating gunpoint bank robbery in Milton
Police are investigating an alleged gunpoint bank robbery in Milton.
Halton police say the robbery took place at the Royal Bank (RBC) located at 1055 Bronte Street South.
According to police, officers were called to the branch just before 6:00 pm on Jan. 22, 2020, after four masked suspects allegedly entered the bank with guns and forced customers to the ground before stealing personal items such as wallets and cell phones.
Police say the suspects also demanded cash from bank staff at gunpoint and fled the scene in an older model, blue hatchback vehicle. Police say the suspects fled northbound on Bronte Street South.
The vehicle has since been recovered by police.
The suspects are described as one white male and three black or brown-skinned males. All were reportedly dressed in black with masks or scarves covering their faces.
No physical injuries were sustained during the robbery.
Police are asking anyone with information or dashcam video from the area near the time of the robbery to contact the Halton Regional Police Service Robbery Task Force Unit at 905 825 4747 ext. 2416 or Detective Michael Maltar at 905 825 4747 ext. 2417.
- Victim in fatal Burlington shooting identified as notorious Hamilton crime boss
- Halton Chief of Police, Federal NDP leader engage in feud on social media
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Police seeking assistance in identifying suspect connected to fatal shooting in Burlington
- Halton police investigating bank robbery at gunpoint
- Police arrest suspect in Milton gunpoint bank robbery
- Halton police investigating 8th bank robbery in 6 weeks
- UPDATE: Halton Police Searching For Suspects Following Georgetown Bank Robbery
- UPDATE: Police Searching for Bank Robbery Suspects in Milton