Police praise Milton girl for returning bag filled with cash
A recent act of honesty from a young Milton resident has earned the praise of Halton Police.
On Saturday evening, February 8, police say the 17 year old girl was walking in the area of Derry Road and Trudeau Drive in Milton when she noticed a package on the ground.
“Upon inspection she discovered that the bag contained several bank deposit envelopes with thousands of dollars in cash inside,” police say.
“It was apparent that the deposit envelopes were from a local business.”
The girl promptly took the money to the local police division. Officers were able to contact the business and return the money, which had been inadvertently dropped by an employee.
“It is acts of honestly and civic duty like this that replenishes faith in the good-hearted nature of the majority of youth in our community,” police remarked. “Halton Regional Police acknowledges this young woman and commends her for her honesty and integrity.”
Despite requests on social media, police say they won’t be releasing the identity of the teen or the business at this time.
- UPDATE: Female trapped in vehicle after collision in Burlington
- Burlington's Walk Off The Earth releases latest viral hit ahead of Canada Day
- Halton Police issue warning after 'intentional collisions' from vehicle thieves
- Cyclist taken to trauma centre after being struck by police cruiser in Milton
- Teen arrested for 'anti-Black' graffiti in Oakville
- Police responding after two pedestrians struck in different parts of Milton
- Police Asking For Public's Assistance To Locate Missing 11-Year-Old Girl
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Police Searching for Missing Five-Year-Old Girl in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect Who Posed as an Employee at a Business in Burlington