Police Searching For Alleged Identity Thief Targeting Jewelry Stores Across Halton
Halton police are searching for a woman suspected of identity theft at a Burlington and Oakville mall.
Police claim the suspect was first reported on July 25, when she went to a ‘Michael Hill Jewelry’ store at the Mapleview Mall in Burlington as well as ‘People’s Jewellers’ store at Oakville Place in Oakville.
Police believe the suspect tried to use a fake ID to open credit accounts with the two jewelry stores.
The woman’s identity remains unknown at this time.
Police also believe the woman may have made similar attempts at other retailers around the same time period.
Police warn shoppers to be cautious when using their credit cards in public or online. Shoppers should also check their credit card statements periodically for any irregular activity.
Anyone with information on the suspect is asked to contact Halton police's fraud unit at 905-825-4747 ext. 2468 or 905-825-4747 ext. 2410.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or online at ontariocrimestoppers.ca.
Photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with significant jump recorded in Halton
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 measures could be in place for 'many, many weeks, if not months': PM
- Suspect Sought After Credit Card Stolen From Elderly Woman in Burlington
- Police Searching For 3 Suspects Wanted For Credit Card Theft in Burlington
- Police Seeking Fraud Suspect Accused of Targeting Multiple Victims in Milton
- Police still searching for suspects who robbed Oakville jewelry store in hazmat suits
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Gucci Store Incident in Halton Hills