Police searching for suspect after woman sexually assaulted in Burlington park
Police are searching for a suspect following an alleged sexual assault in Burlington.
Halton police say that on Friday, June 26, officers were contacted after a woman was reportedly assaulted in the trail system at Duncaster Park—a park located in the Upper Middle Road and Duncaster Drive area.
Police allege that at approximately 10:00 am, the male suspect approached the victim from behind while her attention was focused on her infant child and sexually assaulted her before fleeing the area.
The suspect is described as a white male between 30 and 35 years of age with short brown hair. Police say he’s approximately 5’9” with a medium build.
Police say the suspect was last seen wearing a blue medical mask, a plain black baseball hat, a black t-shirt, dark shorts and running shoes.
The suspect is believed to have a scar on the back of his right hand.
Police are advising residents to be particularly vigilant while walking in secluded areas and report any suspicious incidents to police immediately.
Investigators are asking anyone with information regarding this or similar incidents to contact the Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit - Detective Joe Barr (905) 465-8969 or Detective Constable Andrea Moss (905) 465-8971.
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Mysterious 'Ciao Roberto' arrives in Halton, looking for love?
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Ontario set to announce plans for Stage 3 of COVID reopening
- Police Searching For Suspect After 13-Year-Old Male Was Sexually Assaulted in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Alleged Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect After Woman Assaulted in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Sexual Assault Incident in Oakville
- Suspect Sought Following Sexual Assault Incident in Milton