Police Seek Suspected Perfume Thief in Oakville
A suspect with a nose for Italian perfume is being sought by Halton police in connection with the theft of fragrances in Oakville.
"She knows what she was doing — let's put it that way,” said Const. Naresh Dabas from the district response unit which is focusing on retail crime as Halton police are cracking down on shoplifting across the region.
The incident took place on Oct. 23 at Winners at 2431 Trafalgar Rd. around 12:15 p.m.
The suspect “went directly to the beauty department,” said Dabas, selecting two women's Versace fragrance sets.
“Then she selected a third item from the beatuy department,” he said, and headed to the cash register.
The woman placed the three items on the counter and “says she'd like to do a non-receipt refund for the two fragrance sets,” said Dabas.
The cashier told her in order to do the refund, she’d have to present identification.
The suspect “says she left her ID in the car and ‘I'd like to pay for the third item,’” said Dabas.
So she did.
“She places the two Versace sets in the same bag and left,” he said.
The items are valued at $119.98 total.
The suspect is black, in her early 20s, standing 5-foot-10, weighing 140 pounds. She has brown eyes, black braided hair in a bun, and was wearing black pants - possibly yoga pants - a black jacket, and black running shoes.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 905-825-4747 ext. 2351 or CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-8477.
Image courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with significant jump recorded in Halton
- Charges laid after non-essential Oakville business found to still be operating
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- COVID-19 measures could be in place for 'many, many weeks, if not months': PM
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Shoplifting Incident at Marshalls in Oakville
- Police Seek Sephora Shoplifting Suspect in Oakville
- Police Seek Suspected Baby Formula Thieves in Oakville
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Oakville Superstore Incident
- Another Meat Theft in Burlington Has Police Beefing Up Search for Suspect