Popular Music Festival Kicks Off in Burlington This Weekend
Calling all music lovers and festival goers!
Here’s one event you definitely won’t want to miss.
The Sound of Music Festival is coming to Burlington this month at Spencer Smith Park and the downtown core for nine straight days of live music and festivities.
Set up for the festival is currently underway, and the event will officially kick off with a concert this weekend (Saturday June 9 and Sunday June 10).
Set-up has begun in the park! 9 straight days of live music kicks off this Saturday, June 9th as the @BSOMF takes over Spencer Smith Park & our downtown core! Full lineup & schedule of events can be found at https://t.co/zegSoU4FPw #BurlOn pic.twitter.com/n1mIQ2zJRD— Downtown Burlington (@DTBurlingtonON) June 5, 2018
The event is set to feature live performances from a massive line-up of artists and bands, including legendary groups such as Simple Plan, The All-American Rejects, Sublime With Rome, and The Rainbow Butt Monkeys (otherwise known as Finger Eleven).
An extensive list of all the opening acts and headliners can be seen here.
Vendors will also be set up throughout the event, selling everything from merchandise to food to handmade crafts.
If the music and merchandise isn’t exciting enough for you, the main portion of the festival starts on the 14th and will feature a variety of events including:
- The Downtown Streetfest
- The Grande Festival Parade (beginning at Central Park and ending at Central High School)
- A Family Zone for families with young kids
- A Carnival with thrill rides, train rides, and a ferris wheel
There’s a ton to experience and a lot of shows to attend, so make sure to get your tickets. More information on the event can be found at soundofmusic.ca.
Enjoy the music, Burlington!
Cover photo via Sound of Music Festival on Facebook
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Major phone scam affecting Halton; residents warned not to call back
- VIDEO: Ron MacLean's speech on the controversy and end of Coach's Corner
- Things You Never Knew About One of the Biggest Outdoor Shopping Centres
- Burlington Redditor learns snowstorm parking bylaw the hard way