Popular Oakville restaurant now offering takeout, partnering with Food for Life
In the midst of the current COVID-19 pandemic, an Oakville restaurant is taking steps to help get food out to residents who need it.
Bar and wings joint The Firehall, located on Lakeshore Road West, has announced that it will be starting its takeout service today (Thursday, March 19).
Residents can visit the restaurant’s website and order from the online menu, which will rotate to feature some of the popular items from The Firehall’s sister restaurants, all operated by Catch Hospitality.
In addition, Catch Hospitality is partnering with Food for Life, a Halton organization that works to source and share fresh nutritious food to residents in need in Halton Region and Hamilton.
“What we are hoping to do with Food for Life is to assist with the urgent need to not only get food out but also help with funds,” said restaurant owner Doug Greco. “We also hope to implement a program of using the food from Food for Life to produce big batches of things like soup to offer up to our local Bronte community, free of charge to anyone that it might help.”
The Firehall’s takeout site will include an option to donate to the cause. In partnership with Food for Life, every $10 donation translates to 40 meals for people in need in the Halton community, Greco says.
Through 107 programs and agencies, Food for Life serves more than 18,000 people struggling with hunger each month. In 2019, over 4 million pounds of food was collected and distributed, the organization reports.
For more information, visit Food for Life’s website.
- UPDATE: Female trapped in vehicle after collision in Burlington
- Halton Police issue warning after 'intentional collisions' from vehicle thieves
- Burlington's Walk Off The Earth releases latest viral hit ahead of Canada Day
- Teen arrested for 'anti-Black' graffiti in Oakville
- Cyclist taken to trauma centre after being struck by police cruiser in Milton
- '2.2 million tonnes' of food is thrown away; should Canada legislate food waste?
- It's Hunger Action Month and Food Banks Need Your Help
- KFC partnering with Google for new food-delivery service
- This Popular Healthy Food Chain is Now Open in Oakville
- What you Need to Know About Food Inspections in the Halton Region