Premier Doug Ford Visits Burlington On Ontario’s “Open For Business” Plan
Premier Doug Ford visited the Burlington Convention Centre this morning to discuss the new "Open For Business" plan.
Oakville's, Burlington's, Milton's and Halton Hill's Chamber of Commerce worked together to put on the event. The mayors, councillors and police from the region were all in attendance. Media was also invited to report on the event.
Ford discussed his plan in a 10 minute speech followed by a question period with the members of the Chamber.
Ford started today's speech by thanking the chambers and local councillors for their work and pointing out their importance. He then went on to discuss his new initiative.
The "Open for Business" reflect the goal of “bringing jobs back to Ontario.” The plan aims to remove red tape and regulations for businesses in order to create an environment for good jobs. It will also lower taxes and restore competitiveness in the private sector.
The Government of Ontario website states that the plan has already simplified the restigration for farmers, supported 600 new jobs at Amazon and saved employers $1.45 billion in premium paid to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB).
The Premier has been visiting many cities and towns to discuss his new plan. He has even gone as far as proposing "Open for Business" as a replacement for “Yours to Discover” on commercial vehicles’ license plates. Last fall, signs were also placed with that slogan across Ontario highways.
The members of the Chamber asked questions regarding his new role as Premier, municipal budget, his plans around infrastructure and other government plans.
There were no mention of Ford's plan on education, even as a group of education workers protested outside the Burlington Convention Centre.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility in Milton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Pair lauded for efforts to thwart 'porch pirates'
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One
- Three suspects flee bank robbery in Georgetown
- Report finds employed Ontarians can't afford to eat
- What is Doug Ford's Plan to Make Ontario "Open for Business"?
- Here's Doug Ford's Plan to Save the Auto Industry
- Here's What Doug Ford Wants To Put On Some Ontario License Plates
- The Ontario Government Has Introduced A Plan To Make Houses More Affordable
- Doug Ford Just Unveiled New Ontario Signs For The People